Previously, we discussed Presumptive Eligibility. Here’s the Skinny on becoming a Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Qualified Entity (“HPEQE”) and implementing Presumptive Eligibility in your facility:
- Obtain HPEQE Status.
- CEO/CFO submits Form 4-HPE and Form 2-HPE listing all representatives to HPE@LA.gov;
- Each Representative submits Form 3-HPE to HPE@LA.gov; and
- Submit a Request for training of intended HPEQE representatives.
- After DHH has solidified the contractual agreement, training for representatives will commence. After training, DHH keeps a copy of the passing training records and gives the facility a copy.
- After receiving the training records from DHH, submit a copy of the training certificates to Medicaid.
- Once all required documents are received and the application approved, DHH will issue the facility an Authorization to Participate.
- Implement Presumptive Eligibility.
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with individuals;
- Record individual’s answers on Form 1-HPE, which is used to determine eligibility;
- Educate all HPE enrollees regarding their need to complete Form 1A-BHSF for full Medicaid benefits..
- Make a determination of presumptive eligibility; and
- Submit the completed Form 1-HPE to Louisiana Medicaid via fax to (225) 389-2741 or (877) 747-0985 within 5 days of determination.
For more information, visit DHH’s website.
Written by: Danielle L. Borel